Mr Qiao Ludong is an Urologist in the Department of Urology at Beijing Tongren Hospital Capital medical university in Beijing, China. After completing his undergraduate training at Hebei medical university, Shijiazhuang, China, Mr Qiao pursued his training in Beijing. During this time, he undertook extensive research in urodynamic study, basic study of female sexual dysfunction and minimally invasive treatment of urinary stones which resulted in several publications on these topics. After finishing the master's thesis of “Study of Icariin effect on vaginal blood flow of ovariotomized rats as female sexual arousal dysfunction model” in the Institute of Urology, Peking University, he got Master’s degree in Urology in June of 2005.
Research Projects (to indicate complete or on-going)
Mr Qiao has a specialist interest in minimal invasive treatment of urolithiasis, urogenital infections and urodynamic studies. He is a member of the Urinary Tract Infection and Inflammation Study group of CUA and one of the editors of the Chinese Guidelines on Urologic Infection and UAA-AAUS Guidelines for Urinary Tract Infections. With his expertise in urogenital infections, Mr Qiao had held two muticentel studies like the “The prospective study of the efficacy of Fosfomycin Trometamol Powder treatment on acute lower urinary tract bacterial infectious diseases, a non-controlled, open, single-arm, multicenter clinical trial” and the “Study of standardized application of antibiotic prophylaxis in ultrasound-guided transrectal prostate biopsy” in the mainland of China.
Main presentation (Local and Overseas Conference)
1. 13th Asia-Pacific Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infection (13th APCCMI, formerly WPCCID：‘Management of uncomplicated UTI in China’
2. CUA2012 annual meeting： ‘In vitro susceptibility of urinary tract infections pathogens to antimicrobial agents in China -data from one multicentre clinical trial in China’
1. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, et al.Biofilm formation is a cause of ureteral resonance metallic stent blockage: a case report. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2016;9(6):11919-11922.
2. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, et al.A multi-center, controlled, randomized, open-label clinical study of levofloxacin for preventing infection during the perioperative period of ultrasound-guided transrectal prostate biopsy. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2016,8: DOI 10.1007/s10096-016-2742-5.
3. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, et al.From angiomyolipoma to malignant epithelioid angiomyolipoma of the kidney, a case report with a history of eight years. Int J Clin Exp Med.2015,8(11): 21252-21256
4. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, et al. The research progress of urinary tract infection caused by Escherichia coli. Chinese Journal of Urology 2014 35(1) 142-143.
5. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Yang Yong, et al. Characteristics of urinary tract infection pathogens and their in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents in China: data from a multicenter study. BMJ Open 2013, 3(12):e004152.
6. Qiao Ludong, Zheng Bo, Chen Shan, et al. Evaluation of three-dose fosfomycin tromethamine in the treatment of patients with urinary tract infections:an uncontrolled, open-label, multicentre study. BMJ Open 2013, 3(12):e004157.
7. Qiao Ludong, Zhang Mingming, Chen Shan, et al. Investigation on current application of antibiotic prophylaxis in perioperative period of transrectal prostate biopsy in China. Chinese Journal of Andrology, 2013;27(8):21-27.
8. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. Bipolar Transurethral Enucleation and Resection of the Prostate on Symptomatic Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Using TURis plasma vaporization electrode. Chinese Journal of Andrology, 2012;26(9):49-52.
9. Qiao Ludong, Yan Wei, Liu Dan, et al. The clinical features analysis of renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma. Chinese Journal of Urology 2012 33(7) 495-498.
10. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Meng Lihui, et al. Risk factors of urinary tract infection caused by extended-spectrum β-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli. Chin J Nosocomiol 2011;21(2):247-249.
11. Qiao Ludong, Yuan Yiming, Chen Shan, et al. Effect of Icariin on hemodynamic changes of vagina in female rat. Chinese Journal of Andrology, 2011;25(4):3-6.
12. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. Relationship between the bladder outlet obstruction and the area under the curve of detrusor during voiding related parameters. Chinese Journal of Urology 2010 31(8) 558-560.
13. Qiao Ludong, Liu Dan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. Change of clinical and urodynamic parameters in the patients with lower urinary tract symptom caused by detrusor overactivity. Chinese Journal of Urology 2010 31(6) 410-412.
14. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, et al. Age related lower urinary symptoms. Chinese Journal of Urology 2009 30(2) 142-143.
15. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. The use of urodynamic examination in the treatment of local advanced prostatic carcinoma with urinary retention. Journal of Clinical Urology 2008 23(4) 249-251.
16. Qiao Ludong, Yuan Yiming, Guo Yanjie, et al. Investigation of the hemodynamic changes of vaginal in ovariotomized female rat. Chinese Journal of Andrology, 2008;22(8):1-4.
17. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. The investigation of tolterodine in improving the short-term symptoms post transurethral resection of prostate. Chinese Journal of Andrology, 2008;22(7):38-42.
18. Qiao Ludong, et al. Clinical Study of the Intravenous Anesthesia for Rigid Cystoscopy. China Journal of Endoscopy. 2004;10(2):34-38.
19. Qiao Ludong, Chen Shan, Zhang Guangyin, et al. The significance of urine telomerase activity in the diagnosis and monitoring of post-operation recurrence of superficical bladder cancer. Beijing Medical Journal. 2002;24(6),395-395.