William Gibson Robertson
NAME:William Gibson Robertson
DATE OF BIRTH:4 March 1941
1. John Neilson School, Paisley, Scotland. (Dux Boy 1957-58: Dux of School 1958-59: School Captain 1958-59)
2. University of Glasgow
3. University of Leeds
1. BSc (Hons), Chemistry, Glasgow, 1963.
2. PhD, Leeds, 1969, “Physical Chemical Aspects of Renal Stone-Formation".
3. DSc, Leeds, 1984, “Studies on Urinary Stone-Formation”.
1.The Birdwell Finlayson Memorial Life-time Achievement Award for Research into Urinary Stone Disease, presented at Urolithiasis 2000, Cape Town.
2.The EULIS section of the European Association of Urology (EAU) Lifetime Honorary Membership for Achievements in the Field of Urolithiasis, presented at the First EULIS Symposium, London, 2011.
1. 1963 - 1964 Research Student, Gardiner Institute, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, U.K.
2. 1964 - 1969Research Assistant, MRC Mineral Metabolism Unit, The General Infirmary, Leeds, U.K.
3. 1969 - 1971Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Pathophysiologisches Institut, University of Bern, Switzerland.
4. 1971 - 1979Senior Physical Chemist, MRC Mineral Metabolism Unit, The General Infirmary, Leeds, U.K.
5. 1979 - 1985Senior Grade, MRC Scientific Staff, MRC Mineral Metabolism Unit, The General Infirmary, Leeds, U.K.
6. 1985 - 1988 Scientist 1, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Biological and Medical Research, P.O. Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
7. 1988 - 1992Chairman, Department of Biological and Medical Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
8. 1992 - 1993Executive Assistant for Research, Office of the Chief Executive Director, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
9. 1993 - 1994 Scientific Consultant to Tissuemed Ltd, Astley Lane Industrial Estate, Swillington, Leeds, U.K.
10. 1994 - 1996 Managing Director and Scientific Director, Tissuemed Ltd, Astley Lane Industrial Estate, Swillington, Leeds, U.K.
11. 1996 - present Scientific Consultant to various companies.
12. 1997 - 2006 Clinical Scientist and Head of Urinary Stone Management, Institute of Urology and Nephrology, London, U.K.
13. 1997 - 2011 Honorary Senior Lecturer, University College London, London, U.K.
14. 1998 - present Head of Lithoscreen, Private Patient Screening Service, London, Oxford and Cambridge.
15. 2002 - 2005 Consultant on Urolithiasis to Department of Nephrology, University of Nice, France.
16. 2003 - present Editor-in-Chief of Urolithiasis (formerly Urological Research), Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany.
17. 2006 - 2011Stone Biochemist, Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London.
18. 2011 - 2016 Consultant Advisor in Metabolic Stone Disease, Department of Urology, Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford, Kent, UK.
19. 2011 - 2014 Stone Biochemist, Department of Urology, Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, London.
20. 2011 - present Co-Director, Uroscreen Ltd, StoneScreen Project.
21. 2013 - presentConsultant to the International Alliance on Urolithiasis, Guangzhou, China.
22. 2014 - presentGuest Editor of SpringerPlus Urology Section, Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany.
23. 2014 - 2020Honorary Visiting Professor, Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Oxford.