Sameer P Parmar
Dr. Sameer P Parmar
Global Clinical Application Manager
Dornier MedTech GmbH
Argelsrieder Feld 7, 82234 Wessling
• Working with Dornier MedTech GmbH as Global Clinical Application Manager at Wessling, Germany since October,2019
• Deep clinical & technical expertise in Urology and Lithotripsy areas with a practical experience of more than 20 years.
OVER ALL DOMAIN EXPERIENCE
Urology and Urolithiasis, Lasers in Urology, Laparoscopy surgery and General surgery over 15 Years
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - CLINICAL
• Personally treated more than 4000 patients with lithotripsy using various lithotripters from Dornier, Siemens, Direx and Richard Wolf.
• Started of Concept of using only ultrasound to be used as imaging modality during urinary lithotripsy for renal and ureteric calculus.
• Hands-on experience of common bile duct calculus and pancreatic duct calculus lithotripsy, having treated over 50 patients using lithotripsy as therapy modality
1. Siemens Healthcare India - Business segment manager for Urology and Surgery (C-arm) business across India Nov 2011 till Sept 2019
• Responsible for Clinical education and training of users of Siemens lithotripter and C arm.
• Developing training tool and protocol for enduser.
• Delivering scientific lectures on ESWL and radiation safety to different academic organizations
2. Chief assistant to Dr Samir Desai (Urologist) for ESWL & ESWT, Criticare Hospital, Andheri, Mumbai, India Aug 2008 to Oct 2010
• Commissioning of Siemens Modularis Vario lithotripter
• Performed advanced shockwave applications like ESWT for orthopedic applications
3. Chief assistant to Dr. Ajay Bhandarkar, Sujay Urology, Baroda, India Dec 2007 to July 2008 Responsibilities included:
• Performing Lithotripsy on Electrohydraulic Lithotripter and Endourological surgeries like PCNL, URS and HoLEP.
• Conducting medical camps and CME for patients and physicians awareness on Laser esp HoLEP and RIRS.
4. Chief of Lithotripsy at Lilavati Hospital Mumbai, India. Sep 2004 to Nov 2007
• Started the Lithotripsy department for Lilavati hospital
• Commissioned Dornier Alpha lithotripter at Lilavati Hospital
• Training of PG students on fundamentals and physics of Shockwave Lithotripsy
• Initiated Gastro intestinal application of shockwave for common bile duct calculus and pancreatic duct calculus.
5. Resident Urologist at R G Urological Research Institute, Mumbai, India. Nov 1999 to Sep 2004
• Managing Urology OR and Indoor patients
• Treated over 2000 patients on Siemens Lithostar (First installation in Asia)
• Assisting urologist for Lasers for Prostate & Intra-Corporeal lithotripsy
• Scientific study planning, data collection and analysis for publications
• Conducting marketing activities like CME and medical camps for the hospital
• Scientific publication as first author, ‘Role of sonography-guided lithotripsy in renal stone with angiomyolipoma’ Indian Journal of Urology, Apr-Jun 2013, Vol 29, Issue 2
• Guest speaker at Jogjakarta in November 2017 at 40th Annual. Scientific Meeting of Indonesian Urological Association
(ASMIUA) TOPIC was Shockwave Technology update
• Co-authors in scientific publications
- Letter to editor Journal of urology against Vol 168 (1), Page 202, July 2002 Article Optimal prevention and management of proximal migration and remigration of ureteral stent.
- Percutaneous calyceal irrigation for small calyceal calculi. African Journal of Urology 2
- Small caliber Nephrostomy -An aid to complex Ureteroscopy procedure. African journal of Urology
- Case report : Emphysematous Urinoma -An unusual complication of Ureteroscopy Journal of Post graduate Medicine Year : 2004, Volume : 50, Issue : 3, Page : 217- 218
Corresponding parameter set not found, please add it in property template of background
MEHMET ILKER GÖKCE