Anthony Ng (Wu Zhi Hui)
MD (CUHK) Doctor of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2010
FRCS Ed (Urol)- Fellow of the College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Urology), 2001
FHKAM Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Surgery), 2001
MBChB- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, CUHK, 1993
From Aug2009 Professor, Dept of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Jul06-Jul09:Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, CUHK
Jul94-Jun06:Medical Officer, Dept of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital
Jul02-Jun03:Research Fellow in Endourology, Scottish Lithotriptor Centre, Edinburgh, UK
Outstanding Young Urologist Award 2010, Asian Congress of Urology, Taiwan 2010
Mae Joan Islami Scholar, International Guest Scholars, American College of Surgeons, 2012
Achievement award, the World Chinese Urology Association, 2014.
Best Moderated Poster Award, The 32rd World Congress of Endourology & SWL 2014
“Ng CF, Lu Y, Yuen WM, Gohel D. The effects of different treatment protocols on prevention of acute renal injury in patients with renal stones receiving shockwave lithotripsy.”
REPRESENTATIVE AND RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
1. Ng CF, Luke S, Yee CH, Chu W, Wong KT, Yuen J. A prospective randomized study comparing the effect of different kidney protection treatment protocols on acute renal injury after extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy. J Endourol. 2017 Jan;31(1):57-65.
2. Ng CF, Luke S, Chiu PK, Teoh JY, Wong KT, Hou SS. The effect of renal cortical thickness on the treatment outcomes of kidney stones treated with shockwave lithotripsy. Korean J Urol. 2015 May;56(5):379-85.
3. Ng CF. Training in percutaneous nephrolithotomy: the learning curve and options. Arab J Urol 2014; 12(1):54-57.
4. A Hammad, Ng CF, Pourmand G, Osther PJ. Training the resident in percutaneous nephrolithotomy. Arab J Urol 2014; 12(1): 49-53.
5. Ng CF, Law VTT, Chiu PKF, Tan CB, Man CW, Chu PSK. Hepatic haematoma after shockwave lithotripsy for renal stones. Urol Res. 2012;40(6):785-9.
6. Ng CF, Lo A, Lee K, Wong KT, Chung WY, Gohel D. A prospective randomized study on the clinical effects of shockwave delivery for unilateral kidney stone: 60 versus 120 shocks per minute. J Urol. 2012 Sep;188(3):837-42.
7. Poon NW, Gohel MD, Lau C, Hon EK, Leung PC, Ng CF. Melamine crystallization: physiochemical properties, interactions with other lithogenic salts and response to therapeutic agents. J Urol. 2012;187(4):1483-90
8. Ng CF, Siu D, Wong A et al. Development of a scoring system from non-contrast computerized tomogram measurements to improve the selection of upper ureteral stone for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. J Urol. 2009;181(3):1151-7
9. Ng CF. The effect of age on outcomes in patients undergoing treatment for renal stones. Curr Opin Urol 2009;19(2):211-4.
10. Ng CF, Wong A, Tolley DA. A single-center experience of the usefulness of caliceal-pelvic height in three different lithotripters. J Endourol 2008;22:1409-1415
11. Anagnostou T, Thompson T, Ng CF. McLornan L, Moussa S, Smith G. Safety and outcome of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the elderly. A Prospective Comparison to a Younger Group. J Endourol. 2008;22:2139-45.
12. Ng CF, Thompson T, Tolley DA. Characteristics and treatment outcome of patients requiring additional intravenous analgesia during extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy with Dornier Compact Delta Lithotriptor. Int Urol Nephrol. 2007; 9:731-735.
13. Ng CF, A Wong, DA Tolley. Is extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy the preferred treatment option for elderly patients with urinary stone? A multivariate analysis of the effect of patient age on treatment outcome. BJU Int. 2007;100:392-5.
14. Ng CF, Thompson T, McLornan L, and Tolley D. Single centre experience using three shockwave lithotripters with different generator designs in management of urinary calculi. J Endourol 2006;20:1-8.
15. Ng CF, McLornan L, Thompson T, Tolley D. Comparison of two generations of piezoelectric lithotriptors by using the match-pair analysis. J Urol. 2004;172:1887-1891.
1. Effect of power ramping on ESWL outcomes
2. Effect of bariatric surgery on urinary chemistry