2004.04 – 2006.05 M.D. Institute of Medical Radiation Biology, University of Duisburg–Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Studies on the contribution of homologous recombination repair and non- homologous end joining to the removal of DNA double strand breaks from the genome of mammalian cells throughout the cell cycle.
1999. 09 – 2002. 07 Master of Medicine, (Urology). Department of Urology, Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, The first Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou medical University. Guangzhou, China.
Interstitial radiofrequency combined with brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancer: basic and clinical study.
1994. 09 – 1999. 07 Bachelor. (Medicine), Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, China.
2011.7 – 2011.10 visiting scholar, Massachusetts general Hospital
2007. 08 – 2009. 05 Physician, Department of Urology, Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, The first Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou medical College. Guangzhou, China.
2006.05 – 2007.07 Postdoc training, Institute of Medical Radiation Biology University of Duisburg–Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
2002.08 – 2004.03 Resident doctor in Department of Urology, Beijing TongRen Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science
2009. 01 – now Vice director, Guangzhou key lab of Urology, Guangzhou, China.
2009. 06 – 2012.11 Associated professor, Department of Urology, Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, The first Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou medical College. Guangzhou, China.
2012.11–now Professor, Department of Urology, Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, The first Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou medical College. Guangzhou, China.
Chinese Urological Association (CUA)
American Urological Association (AUA)
European Association of Urology (EAU)
Membership of International Association of Urology (IAU)
Secretary of Urolithiasis Group of Guangdong Medical Association of Urology
Assistant/ Associate Editor
Journal of Modern Urology
China Journal of Endoscopy
Journal of Contemporary Urologic and Reproductive Oncology
1. Wu W, Zhao Z, Zhu H, Yang D, Ou L, Liang Y, Zhao Z, Zeng GH. Safety and Efficacy of Minimally invasive percutaneous nephrolithotomy in treatment of calculi in horseshoe kidneys. J Endourol. 2014 Apr 9. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Zeng G, Zhao Z, Wu W, Ou L, Liang Y, Yuan J. Interconversion of stone composition profiles from two recurrent stone episodes in stone formers. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014 Mar 14. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2013-0886. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Zeng G, Zhao Z, Wu W, Zhong W. Combination of debulking single-tract percutaneous nephrolithotomy followed by retrograde intrarenal surgery for staghorn stones in solitary kidneys. Scand J Urol. 2014; 48(3):295-300.
4. Wu W, Zhu H, Liang Y, Kong Z, Duan X, Li S, Zhao Z, Yang D, Zeng G. Expression of PARP-1 and its active polymer PAR in prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia in Chinese patients. Int Urol Nephrol. 2014 Jan 17. [Epub ahead of print]
5. Wu W, Yang D, Tiselius HG, Ou L, Liang Y, Zhu H, Li S, Zeng G. The Characteristics of the Stone and Urine Composition in Chinese Stone Formers: Primary Report of a Single-center Results. Urology. 2014 Apr;83(4):732-7.
6. Wu W, Yang B, Ou L, Liang Y, Wan S, Li S, Zeng G. Urinary stone analysis on 12,846 patients: a report from a single center in China. Urolithiasis. 2014 Feb;42(1):39-43.
7. Wu W, Kong Z, Duan X, Zhu H, Li S, Zeng S, Liang Y, Iliakis G, Gui Z, Yang D. Inhibition of PARP1 by small interfering RNA enhances docetaxel activity against human prostate cancer PC3 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013 Dec 6;442(1-2):127-32.
8. Desai J, Zeng G, Zhao Z, Zhong W, Chen W, Wu W. A novel technique of ultra-mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy: introduction and an initial experience for treatment of upper urinary calculi less than 2 cm. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013: 490793.
9. Zeng G, Zhao Z, Wan S, Mai Z, Wu W, Zhong W, Yuan J. Minimally invasive percutaneous nephrolithotomy for simple and complex renal caliceal stones: a comparative analysis of more than 10,000 cases. J Endourol. 2013;27(10):1203-8.
10. Zeng G, Zhao Z, Wan S, Zhong W, Wu W. Comparison of children versus adults undergoing mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy: large-scale analysis of a single institution. PLoS One. 2013;8(6):e66850.
11. Zeng G, Mai Z, Zhao Z, Li X, Zhong W, Yuan J, Wu K, Wu W. Treatment of upper urinary calculi with Chinese minimally invasive percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a single-center experience with 12,482 consecutive patients over 20 years. Urolithiasis. 2013,41(3):225-9.
12. Paul K, Wang M, Mladenov E, Bencsik-Theilen A, Bednar T, Wu W, Arakawa H, Iliakis G. DNA ligases I and III cooperate in alternative non-homologous end-joining in vertebrates. PLoS One. 2013;8(3):
13. Zeng GH, Zhao Z, Zhong W, Wu K, Chen W, Wu W, Xiao C, Liu Y. Evaluation of a novel fascial dilator modified with scale marker in percutaneous nephrolithotomy for reduction of the x-ray exposure: a randomized clinical study. J Endourol. 2013
14. Zhong W, Gong T, Wang L, Zeng G, Wu W, Zhao Z, Zhong W, Wan SP. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal stones following failed extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy: different performances and morbidities. Urolithiasis. 2013,41(2):165-8.
15. Singh SK, Wu W, Stuschke M, Bockisch A, Iliakis G. Reduced contribution of thermally-labile sugar lesions to DNA double-strand break formation after exposure to neutrons. Radiat Res. 2012, 178(6):581-90.
16. Singh SK, Bednar T, Zhang L, Wu W, Mladenov E, Iliakis G. Inhibition of B-NHEJ in plateau-phase cells is not a direct consequence of suppressed growth factor signaling. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012, 84(2):e237-43.
17. Zeng G, Zhao Z, Zhao Z, Yuan J, Wu W, Zhong W. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in infants: evaluation of a single-center experience. Urology. 2012, 80(2):408-11.
18. Zeng G, Jia J, Zhao Z, Wu W, Zhao Z, Zhong W. Treatment of renal stones in infants: comparing extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy and mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy. Urol Res. 2012, 40(5):599-603.
19. Singh SK, Wu W, Zhang L. Widespread dependence of backup NHEJ on growth state: ramifications for the use of DNA-PK inhibitors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2011, 79(2):540-548.
20. Zhong W, Zeng G, Wu W, Minimally invasive percutaneous nephrolithotomy with multiple mini tracts in a single session in treating staghorn calculi. Urol Res, 2011，39（2）:117-122.
21. Singh SK, Wu W, Wu W, Wang M, Iliakis G. Extensive repair of DNA double-strand breaks in cells deficient in the DNA-PK-dependent pathway of NHEJ after exclusion of heat-labile sites. RADIATION RESEARCH 2009, 172(2):152-64.
22. Wu W, Wang M, Mussfeldt T, Iliakis G. Enhanced Use of Backup Pathways of NHEJ in G2 in Chinese Hamster Mutant Cells with Defects in the Classical Pathway of NHEJ, RADIATION RESEARCH 2008; 170, (4) 512–520.
23. Kinner A, Wu W, Staudt C, Iliakis G. Gamma-H2AX in recognition and signaling of DNA double-strand breaks in the context of chromatin. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008; 36(17):5678-94.
24. Rosidi B, Wang M, Wu W, Sharma A, Wang H, Iliakis G.. Histone H1 functions as a stimulatory factor in backup pathways of NHEJ. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008 Mar; 36(5):1610-23.
25. Iliakis G, Wu W, Wang M. DNA double strand break repair inhibition as a cause of heat radiosensitization: re-evaluation considering backup pathways of NHEJ. Int J Hyperthermia. 2008 Feb; 24(1):17-29.
26. Wu W, Wang M, Wu W, Singh SK, Mussfeldt T, Iliakis G.. Repair of radiation induced DNA double strand breaks by backup NHEJ is enhanced in G2. DNA Repair (Amst). 2008,7:329-338.
27. Windhofer F, Wu W, Iliakis G.. Low levels of DNA ligases III and IV sufficient for effective NHEJ. J Cell Physiol. 2007 Nov; 213(2):475-83.
28. Windhofer F, Wu W, Wang M, Singh SK, Saha J, Rosidi B, Iliakis G.. Marked dependence on growth state of backup pathways of NHEJ. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 2007; 68(5): 1462-70.
29. Wang M, Wu W, Wu W, Rosidi B, Zhang L, Wang H, Iliakis G. PARP-1 and Ku compete for repair of DNA DSBs by distinct NHEJ pathways. Nucleic Acid Research. 2006; 34(21): 6170-82.
1. George Iliakis, Wenqi Wu, Minli Wang, Georgia I. Terzoudi, and Gabriel E. Pantelias. Backup pathways of non-homologous end joining may have a dominant role in the formation of chromosome aberrations. Chromosomal Alterations: Importance in Human Health. Chapter 5, 65-83.
2. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (In Chinese). Editor by Guohua Zeng. 2011
3. Flexible Ureteroscopy. (In Chinese). Editor by Guohua Zeng. 2014.